Chris returns this month to the Shakespeare Project of Chicago for its theatrical reading production of Thomas Middleton and William Rowley‘s Jacobean tragedy The Changeling.
The production marks Chris’s second Middleton outing with The Project, after playing Vindici (the revenger) in The Revenger’s Tragedy. This time he’ll attempt the romantic hero (possibly a first), Alsemero, opposite Rebecca Spence as Beatrice and Matt Penn as Deflores.
Steve Scott, of the Goodman Theatre, directs a cast that also includes Gary Alexander, Theo Allyn, Jordan Brodess, Tony Dobrowolski, Kurt Ehrmann, José Antonio García, John Green, Torrey Hanson, Andrew Jessop, Patty Malaney, Jeff Parker, and Randy Steinmeyer.
Music and sound design is by George Zahora.
The Changeling runs February 24-28 at six Chicagoland venues. Admission is free. Visit shakespeareprojectchicago.org for more info.
The Changeling performs February 24–28
- Fri, 2/24 at 7pm, Niles Public Library, 6960 W. Oakton St., Niles (registration req’d, 847‑663‑1234)
- Sat, 2/25 at 10am, The Newberry Library, 60 W. Walton St., Chicago
- Sat, 2/25 at 2pm, Wilmette Public Library, 1242 Wilmette Ave., Wilmette
- Sun, 2/26 at 2pm, Highland Park Public Library, 494 Laurel Ave., Highland Park
- Mon, 2/27 at 6:30pm, Vernon Area Public Library, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire (registration req’d, 847-634-3650)
- Tue, 2/28 at 7:15pm, Mount Prospect Public Library, 10 S. Emerson St., Mount Prospect (registration req’d, 847-253-5675)